Horse Slideshow aka How My Spare Time Is Spent

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Review


This week I read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and I thought it wasn't bad. More than that. It was pretty good! I loved the writing style and the sequence of events. The storyline flowed very well. I really liked the characters of Grace and Sam. Sam was very believable and approachable. Many characters, especially love interests, in other novels seem very stiff and distant. I like how he seems vulnerable and relatable. He's also sort of nerdy. If you know me at all, that's a plus. Another thing I like is actually how blunt it is. It's tastefully not sugar-coated, which makes it feel more real. The world that Maggie was created around these wolves is really cool and the way it plays into the storyline is really excellent. All in all, I would definatly reccomend this novel to anybody who likes a fast-paced and believable story.


For more info:

No comments:

Post a Comment